Rosie catches up

Friday, April 24, 2009
Rosie (our Minorca) has been flirting with the nest box on and off over the last few days, looking up at us with a 'What?' look in her eyes if we opened it whenever she happened to be in there. So, I've been scrutinising the daily egg, wondering if it looks any lighter or different in any way - just in case it was hers.



I needn't have bothered.

It couldn't have been more different to Maisy's. In fact, I think they qualify for first prize in the Eggs That Are Polar Opposites competition. I always knew that Marans produce dark brown eggs and Minorca's white eggs, but I wasn't expecting the difference to be so obvious from the word go.

I don't think we'll have any problem identifying who's pulling their weight.. do you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment